Looking for ways to maximize your space? Aside from trying out one of our amazing HiddenBeds (https://transformatives.co/) ... You can try these ten ideas!
1. Install floor to ceiling bookshelves. Create more space for your reads and give a little bit of a intellectual vibe to any room!
2. Use semi-opaque materials to allow light into windowless rooms. For an example, a simple panelite kitchen backsplash can double as a bathroom wall.
3. Create outdoor living space to add the feeling of square footage without the cost. A simple wraparound porch provides a spot to lounge in the summer, and protects against snow in the winter. Since it is built around the home, you have more space with less yard being used.
4. Opt for fewer walls, more multipurpose rooms. Taking down existing walls and going for a more open floor plan is a great way to make the most of its tiny footprint.
5. Add a loft anywhere, even your kitchen! Lofts help utilize your floor-to-ceiling space, essential for any small home.
Bonus: you can even rent out the loft!
6. Utilize the space under the stairs. Carve out storage into any staircase, where you won't be interfering with the structure of your home. So many things to hide... So little time!
7. Replace doors with sliding walls to let your space breathe. This is a great, modern way to open up any space and give your home a lighter feel.
8. Use glass walls to separate spaces without visually dividing a room.
9. Use mirrors! Mirrors can instantly double the appearance of a room, but there's no reason you have to go the traditional route!
10. Get creative and discover unexpected storage. Similar to under the stairs, there are often plenty of unused crawl spaces and nooks in a home that can be creatively turned into organized storage.